Monday, November 17, 2008

Time Capsule



An hour and a half ago, I was stuck in traffic. Stuck. It's Oklahoma. We never have traffic and I was taking my normal route home. I never get stuck in traffic. My drive home normally takes between 10 to 15 minutes. Today, I was at a standstill and there was no wreck...just people going slow and cutting. That's right. Cutting. I can't believe believe still cut in line. It took me 35 minutes to get home. Twice as long. So frustrating.

So, I was actually listening to a local radio station while I was sitting at a standstill in traffic, and they were asking a fairly interesting question. What would you put in a time capsule? I then started wondering what I would actually put into a time capsule. And what would I want these items to represent? Do I want them to show who I am or do I want the items to represent the year 2008 in general? So, I thought, why not both? What would you put into a time capsule to represent yourself for 2008?

This is an ongoing thought for me. I keep coming up with more items. I would probably need a huge time capsule. I'd like a medium sized trunk as my time capsule, please.

1. My "I voted" sticker on a picture of Obama's face.
2. The "Twilight" poster that came with my "Twilight" CD...because I have no other use for the poster. No, I am not going to hang it on the back of my closet door or above my bed.
3. The itinerary from my trip to Paris in March and a pic of Bridget, Marlene, Laurine and me with it.
4. Ruby's and Nyxie's old collars.
5. A pic I have of my dad, my mom, my brother, my sis, and me when she came here in March to meet for the first time.
6. An empty bottle of wine hopefully from this year.
7. A broken set of drumsticks...(my ex was a drummer.)
8. A letter from me explaining the importance of each item and telling a little about myself and all the main events of my year in 2008.
9. My old rock climbing shoes.
10. Would it be cliche if I put in a mixed CD of my favorite songs? Cause I'd probably do this. I'm not going to put my Ipod in there. As if. I'll put a picture of an Ipod as the CD label. Perfect.
10. Tons of pics! Of my dogs, my family, my house, nature, etc. Anything and everything.
11. ....

I'm still pondering. My list kind of sucks. So boring. So simple. So me. I feel bad for the person that uncovers my time capsule though.

What would you put in a time capsule?

Keep on Keepin on.

1 comment:

JennavieveM said...

the broken drumstick is fan freaking tastic.

love it.