Friday, September 26, 2008

Fabulous Film Friday

Nights In Rodanthe

OMG! I have been waiting very impatiently for this film to be released and I had full intention to get my girls together to see this film the day of release...which is today. But, prior commitments are keeping me away from my loved filled Nights in Rodanthe. Arg. I am shooting for a Saturday matinee now.

I read this book by Nicholas Sparks a few weeks ago because I knew I wanted to see the film. I had never read a Nicholas Sparks novel and didn't really have intent to do so. I was completely satisfied with watching the film The Notebook without reading the Nicholas Sparks novel. But, I was desperate to read something after the Twilight Saga and I am an emotional"cutter" in that I love to read sappy love stories and make myself sob hysterically. Nights in Rodanthe was a quick easy read; I got through the book in just a few hours. As I sat on my couch one Sunday afternoon with the Sunday afternoon sunlight streaming through my plantation shutters, I sobbed and wept over this love story. Gah! Pathetic is me. And this situation will probably be ten times worse tomorrow afternoon in the lonely dark corner of a movie theater. I love it! I can't wait!

Oh, and due to the film Under the Tuscan Sun, I am in love with Diane Lane...she is one of my favorite actresses. She is just so classy. Love her. And one can never go wrong with Richard Gere. Seriously. If you don't think he is incredibly sexy, you are crazy and need to be smacked across the head. Just saying.

P.S. The soundtrack for this film seems like it might be really wonderful and great and fabulous. I am totally diggin both songs on the trailer...especially the Gavin Rosdale song. Love it!

Synopsis from Yahoo! Movies:
Adrienne Willis, a woman with her life in chaos, retreats to the tiny coastal town of Rodanthe, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, to tend to a friend's inn for the weekend. Here she hopes to find the tranquility she so desperately needs to rethink the conflicts surrounding her--a wayward husband who has asked to come home, and a teenaged daughter who resents her every decision. Almost as soon as Adrienne gets to Rodanthe, a major storm is forecast and Dr. Paul Flanner arrives. The only guest at the inn, Flanner is not on a weekend escape but rather is there to face his own crisis of conscience. Now, with the storm closing in, the two turn to each other for comfort and, in one magical weekend, set in motion a life-changing romance that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives.

Trailer from YouTube:


P.P.S

I love Gavin Rossdale and he is incredibly sexy also. Check out his sexyNESS.


Keep on Keepin on.

3 comments:

JennavieveM said...

are you movie cheating on me? dammit! I want to see this one too. I suppose I am going to have to go it alone. stupid estate sale. stupid moving in to the perfect house. wait. scratch that last one.

Deb said...

You won't have to go it alone. You know me! I will probably be all about seeing it a second time!

JennavieveM said...

did you end up seeing this one?