Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Let Us Haiku

I was over at One Minute Writer looking at some of the writing impromptu ideas, and found this:

Close your eyes; turn around; and open your eyes. Write a haiku* about the first thing your eyes see.

*In case it's been too long since high school English...a haiku is a poem of three lines. It doesn't need to rhyme. The first line has 5 syllables; second line has 7 syllables ; third line has 5 syllables.


So, I did. I sat in my chair, closed my eyes, pretended that my head could spin around like that freaky possessed Linda Blair child from that freaking movie The Exorcist (I don't know why I thought of this), and opened my eyes. What did I see? My house shoes. My little moccasin knit house boots that I love so so much and are the first things I want to put on my feet as soon as I walk in my house. The best little knit house boots ever and they were an impulse buy in the clearance isle at Old Navy last year. So, Haiku about my moccasin knit house boots it is:

knitted protector
warmth consumes my resting toes
oh, cozy knit home




Give it a shot! Haiku's are so fun and refreshing.

Keep on Keepin on.

No comments: