Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Arthritis Walk


This will be our second year participating in the Arthritis Walk.

I do this all for my childhood friend Jenny. Jenny is a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. Jenny and I have been pals since the 9th grade and we have been through all the crazy and wonderful events life has to offer together. Jenny was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when she was 19 years young. Since her diagnosis, I was grateful to be her maid of honor in her wedding, I was blessed to sit in the waiting room while she gave birth to the super Jacob, and she has graduated from college. She is a true testament of how a disease cannot bring someone completely down. She is a true fighter.

This is me and the Super Jacob shortly after his emergence into this world.


This is Ruby at the Arthritis Walk last year.


This is the Crazy Fingers McQueen Team from the Arthritis Walk last year.



I have my own member page if you feel like donating or just perusing it for something to do.

3 comments:

JennavieveM said...

I love you Debbie! Your unfaltering friendship means more than you know. I always know I have someone in my corner as long as you are around. Thank you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do, Deb! You are such an awesome person and friend. You totally rock, girlie!

Deb said...

jenny: you know ruby will always be in your corner too!

c: most people know someone, knew someone, or will know someone who suffers from arthritis. there were times when my friend couldn't hold her own child because her body would not let her. it is so important to be aware of how debilitating arthritis can be and how it affects everyone.

thanks for always stopping by and being my blogging buddy! :)