Monday, March 22, 2010

Frame It, Yo

Probably like most of you, I have a bit of an obsession with picture frames.  I love me some picture frames.  And, probably like most of you, I am baffled sometimes at the price of frames!  They get super expensive at some places... and don't even bring up trying to get your picture matted with the frame...woo wee.  Cha-Ching. 

So, over the past few months, I've been on kind of a frame finding extravaganza.  Ok.  Maybe not so much of an extravaganza as I happened upon some good deals and it spurred by picture frame hoarding disease. 

With the start of the writing room going very well and progress going even better, I decided to commit the wall in which my desk and computer face to be the Inspiration Wall.  I have a few ideas banging against one another in my head, but picture frames are a must.  White and silver picture frames at that.  Did you know that the bigger the white picture frame is, the more popular it is...therefore, more expensive?  YES!.   Just what I always wanted!  Overpriced pieces of wood!  Anyway.  Mounds of strong bitterness later...

I decided to hoard all the old picture frames Sparky and I have...despite their size, color, and shape... and I am going to paint them!  I never thought I would become a DIY-er...but my cheap ways have given me no choice.  Additionally, I stumbled upon some great deals at Target one weekend and I had to splurge on my finds.

I got :
2   3pk 4x6 white frames for $2 each = $4 (for 6 frames!)
1   16 in x 20 in - matted to 11 in. x 14 in. silver frame for $7.48 (originally $29.99!)
1   white collage frame with 7 4x6 spots for $4.48 (originally $8.99)
I also purchased a pack of 3 17"chalkboard dots for $7.48(originally $29.99!)  ...I know these are not picture frames but they still will come in handy for the Inspiration Wall!

So my lucky Target trip cost me $23.44 + tax and uber excitement, so that I can hang 14 pics and write love notes inspirational quotes in chalk.  The original price would have been $72.97 + tax and buyers remorse!!!  I saved $49.53 and a case of the shingles probably!!!  Ice cream here I come.

So just for you, here is my pile under the wall they will someday hang lovely display of recent purchases mixed in with my hoarded pile of old frames soon to be painted and filled with my own picture love.



I will post of the painting of photo frames sometime soon!

Keep on Keepin on.

No comments: