Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Roundup

The weekend was originally supposed to begin with a friends' 30th birthday celebration but the birthday festivities were slightly and joyously altered due to hurricane Ike. This friend's daughter was still in town because her home in the Houston area was still without electricity. It also turned out that Friday was his daughter's 9th birthday, so instead of going to a bar and drinking it up 30 year old style, we went to Incredible Pizza! Woo Hoo! It was so fun! For those of you who do not know what Incredible Pizza is, it is where you take kids so they can run around and have fun and spend their parent's money to win as many tickets as possible to trade them all in for a colorful pencil and possibly matching eraser and where adults can go to get their skee ball on...oh...and there is a pizza buffet.

I totally skee balled the night away. I rock. And, yes, I gave all my tickets to the little birthday girl.

Saturday started with brunch with girlfriends...which is my favorite thing. Brunch and girfriends are great separately, but together, they are unbeatable. Afteward, one of my friends and I went and saw "The Women"...which was adorable! I was afraid it wouldn't be all that I hoped because two people who had seen it before me had not given it a good review. I don't know what movie they saw, because I friggin loved it...as did my friend that saw it with me. Goes to prove that you should go see a movie for yourself and build your own opinion rather than relying solely on other people's reaction. Just sayin.

Afterward, my friend and I went on an unsuccessful dress shopping search. She was trying to find a dress for a wedding this week and I did not think it would be difficult. We quickly discovered that if you are over the size of ...let's say 8...you are apparently not allowed to be fashionable. The dress selection was very limited and what existed was absolutely BLAH. Boring. Horrid! Nothing. She left with no dress. Maybe we just weren't looking in the right places, but we walked up and down the mall, went into every department store, and even went into stores that we knew would not have what we were looking for...but I think we were getting desperate. But, we did finally stop for an Auntie Anne's pretzel and I think it may have made the situation all betta.

Today... I cleaned the ceiling fans throughout my house. whoa. doggies. Hold me back. I'm crazy.

Keep on keepin on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! You are so right! Brunch and girlfriends are two necessities in every girl's life! Seriously! What could be better?

*sigh* That's what I miss about living so far from all my friends. Toronto's *only* a 5 or 6 hr drive from the Island! AND...it's *only* a 9 to 10 hr drive from Montreal. Those two cities are where most of my girlies are! Gah.

I've got some pretty great friends here, but we rarely get a chance to do things like have brunch. Everyone's got kids and seem to have probs getting babysitters. *sigh*

Ooooooooh...So glad you enjoyed "The Women"! I'm so looking forward to seeing it!

Sorry your friend didn't find a dress that day. The funny thing with dresses is that I seem to never find the "perfect" dress if I'm looking! It's when I'm not looking when I happen to come across it. I guess that same thing can be said with men. When you're 'looking', you rarely find the kind you want. It's when you're totally oblivious and not even thinking of it at all...that's when the right one falls into your lap.

JennavieveM said...

update: I bought a dress (that I really don't like either) at TJ Maxx today. It is cute, but waaaaayyyy to busty for a mother. hehe So, needless to say, I bought a little empire length sweater to wear over it. Oh, and you would be so proud of me Deb, I bought some HEELS! That's right, HEELS!! Granted they are not much higher than an inch and a half, but come on! That is a huge step for gimpy ol me! ;)

I had a lovely day with you Saturday too, and yes, the antie anne's fix did make it all "betta."