Monday, September 08, 2008

VMA

So, yes, MTV is my secret addiction that I cannot do without...it is one of the few reasons why I pay for overpriced cable...Rachel Ray being the other reason. So, the young immature side of me comes out when I get get giddee every Monday because I know my 30 minutes of fun in the drama-filled The Hills will be on later in the evening...I can't explain it, but I love to love it and I love to hate it all at the same time.

Back to MTV...The Video Music Awards (VMA's)...kind of sounds like a venereal disease...aired last night after the extra special episode of The Hills...and yes, there will be another new episode on tonight of The Hills! Yay! Anyway, I don't know if the VMA's get worse every year or my age is just not keeping up with the times...I am thinking it is the latter...because I was not and have not been impressed with the VMA's for a few years now, and there are many times that I just muted the dang thing and continued reading "Nights in Rodanthe" until I caught a glimpse of something interesting on the TV...and I did...



The cast of "Twilight" introduced some band. They all looked wonderful...especially my little Edward...yes, MINE. Not yours. Step off. J/K...somewhat. I have a weakness for messy hair and British accents. And if you saw them introduce the band and if you are any sort of Edward/Robert Pattinson fanatic, you would have been so irritated by the host of the VMA's! I mean, he was already incredibly irritating as it was and then he had to go and cut off Edward/Robert Pattinson when it was his turn to read the dang-o teleprompter! Come on! What has the world come to??!! I can't even get to hear a sentence out of my future husbands lips without an irritating Venereal disease show host cutting him off!! I was angry. And then, sweet little Edward/Robert Pattinson just smiled and laughed while holding his mic and handled the situation so coolly. That is why I/we love him.



Oh, and Bella/Kristen Stewart was gorgeous...from the neck up. I haven't decided whether or not I cared for her dress. But her hair and make-up were ravishing.

3 comments:

JennavieveM said...

I watched Penelope last night, and guess what was at the beginning of the DVD??? A world premiere sneak peek of Twilight. It was a whole friggin scene!!!!! I was sooooo excited. Of course, Kevin was right next to me so I tried to play it cool, but still had a squeak or two slip out.

Tina Dremel said...

Did no one else think it was complete CRAP that Brittany Spears got like three awards!!! Give me a break- I know the poor girl has had a rough time but, their are artist that actually did well and weren't noticed. I thought it was bullshit.

Tina Dremel said...

Oh and WTF is up with the shoes on Rob Pattinson and the Car Doors on Kristen Stewart??