Monday, November 15, 2010

Bree's Shower

A few weeks ago, a few friends/co-workers hosted a baby shower for another friend/co-worker over at my humble abode.  I'm super behind in posting pics because I haven't had the time to pretty them up.  The photos I took were seriously lacking.  It was a combination of the bad lighting in my home and my bad bad bad camera skills when it comes to indoors and bad lighting.  But I just need to get over it and share the baby shower love anyway.  AND...since Bree is scheduled to be induced this upcoming Friday (if she doesn't go into labor between now and then...crossing my fingers) I figured it was the perfect time to share.

One of my favorite things for showers are GAMES.  Games are actually one my favorite things ever but for showers they are especially fun.  They are a great way to break the ice and for strangers to interact with one another.  For Bree's shower, I made a memory board game (top left of pic) to play.  We also played "guess that baby food" and the "Don't say baby" games.  Super fun in my opinion.  Plus, it's a good excuse to give prizes to guests for coming.

My living room.  This is where people sat to enjoy their food goodies, play some games, and watch Bree open some gifts. 


Bree is having a little baby boy and his name will be Jaxen.  I cannot take any credit for decorations or anything remotely crafty in all this wonderfullness.  I supplied the home and the other girls took care of the details so well!  The home was adorned with blues, blacks, reds, little "J's", and photos of Jaxen from his ultrasound.
This was the baby tree done by one of the hostesses, Natalie.  So cute. 

 
Food table.  The food consisted of delcious warm turkey sandwhiches, tortilla rolls, chips & dip, "uncircumcised weenies", and cheezes. The centerpiece was a large glass vase filled with blue and black ornaments, sports ornaments, little J's, and photos of Jaxen.

This close-up of the center of the table shoes you the detail that Miriam and Natalie put into the decorations.  How gorgeous is this?!

I so wish I had gotten a better photo of the dessert table.  Natalie, Shelleye, and Miriam did a gorgeous job with the fruit kabobs, cupcakes, and baby food (kick-ass chex mix).

Of course there had to be some OU. 

This is our friend Julianne who just had little Miss Piper six weeks before this photo was taken.  LOVE.

Bree received so many genious and adorable hand-made personal items, like this J.  What's in the box?  The cutest thing ever I tell ya!

Natalie is so super genious and crafty.  Natalie put together this cute cupcake box filled with onesies and other baby items shaped like cupcakes! 



Jaxen will be styling in these skull shoes. 


adorable!

Let's play guess that hand!  Just kidding.  sorta 

Uncircumsized weenies!  or you can just call them croissant wrapped weenies or pig in a blanket.  I thought the festive baby boy reference was fun.

Keep on keepin on.

1 comment:

♥Bree said...

It was an amazing shower, and i got to enjoy spending time with all of my amazing friends. Your not just my co-workers, your my friends (and family). Thank you again for everything. I cant wait for Jax to meet you. :D