Friday, January 25, 2008
I am going to Paris
After an overnight contemplation and an increase in price due to my indecisiveness, I booked my flight to the wonderful world of wine, baguetts, and the Louve.
My friend Bridget and I have talked for years about taking a trip to Paris. There has never been a better time than now. We got a great deal on the plane tickets and a free place to stay. That's right...FREE. We have a friend who lives there and she has offered her home...you can't beat that. Plus, she grew up in Paris and will make a great little tour guide. She is a super fun and sweet French girl who is fascinated with America...and sings in a Cabaret!
Now, the excitement of traveling to uncharted territory is subsiding and my typical OCD I only have just under 2 months to plan all the things I need to take with me is only just beginning to kick in. What do I wear? I don't want to look like a tourist and I don't want to look like I am trying too hard. But it's Paris! It's the fashion capital of the world!
I need to start a checklist:
1. Comfy shoes...but cute?
2. Sexy boots...but comfy?
3. Long warm coat to match sexy boots.
4. Beret. or be sure to buy one or two when I get there.
5. Cute purse that a gypsy won't be able to get there paws in.
6. Brush up on my French. The one semester in my undergrad 4 years ago probably won't cut it.
Things to do:
1. Purchase cool French beret.
2. To the Louve!
3. Frequent snarky cabaret or two.
4. Sit at cafe drinking wine and/or coffee pretending I'm super french.
5. Pretend to know french. "J'mapelle Debbie"
6. Eiffel tower!
I know I am missing a ton of stuff. Any ideas?
This is going to be a long month and a half. It will all be worth leaving the boy toys behind and having a french rendevous with the girlfriends, though.