Saturday, October 24, 2009

Honey Do's

I'm getting a late start to my busy Saturday and I am losing more time with this post. I'm okay with that though. Here is what is going on this wonderful, beautiful, Autumn Saturday.

Sparky is currently taking an 8 hour long exam. That's right. 8 freaking hours! E to the U (EW)! The last few months have been stressful and frustrating with 2-5 hours of studying almost everyday. Frustrating for me because I knew how frustrating it was to him and me no likey unhappiness in anyone's life. Also frustrating to me because I've had to deal with these books and several others scattered about the house; in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in the living room, in the sauna, in the bedroom. I'd find a book in a different place everyday! If you know me, scattering and not putting things back where they are supposed to go is a huge issue for me; so keeping my mouth absolutely shut and not moving them was very frustrating! I persevered. I don't think Sparky even knows how much it irked me.



But as of 5:40 pm later today, the first round of frustration will be all over. If he fails this test, I'm mentally prepared to support the second attempt.

I was up and at 'em at 5:09 this morning to cook Sparky a nice scrumptious breakfast before his big exam. I did go right back to bed after my duties were done. I left Sparky to feed his tummy as well as his mind with some additional last minute studying and strategizing. He had to report for test taking at 7:20 am! More E to U!

So, I slept and wandered out of bed just before 8:00 am and I have been contemplating all the wonderfulness of a day to myself.

Feed the dogs. Check
Cup of coffee or two. Check
Watch a little Rachel Ray. Check

I have quite a bit to accomplish today before 4:40 in the afternoon. Sparky and his brother have a cross bike race tonight, so his brother is picking me up at before-mentioned time and Sparky is meeting us there.

Sparky and I are hosting a big Halloween bash next Saturday, so I have quite a bit of preparation still to accomplish. We have only just started our front yard cemetery but still have some ghoulish items to add.





Our big front window is creeping with a spider, but I need the perfect web to create the perfect welcome.


I'm all about the funny and original Halloween costume, so Sparky and I came up with the perfect couples Halloween costume for us. With all the decor, food, and beverages we're planning on dishing out for this spooky shin-dig, Sparky and I will be saving a lot on our costumes; which all of you know is right up my alley. Our only purchases necessary to perfect our costumes are a wig (which we got in the mail last week), a t-shirt, and two handfuls of cheap accessories. Everything else is right in our closets. YES!

So, on this gorgeous Autumn day, I'm Halloween party costume and decor accessorizing. The t-shirt is key so I have to find it. Wish me luck!

Do you have any special plans this Halloween?

Keep on Keepin on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooooooooo cool! LOVE the Halloween decorations! That spider kind of freaked me out at first! I thought it was real!

Did you say you guys have a SAUNA?? Sweeeeet! (Did I just say that? I sound like a teenage boy!)

Good luck to Sparky on his 8 hr exam. EIGHT HOURS? Crazy!!