Thursday, March 01, 2012

Hello, March!

I have always loved the month of March.  I don't really have any one specific reason to explain this love for a random single month for me; it's not the month of my birth or any family members of mine.  I think this love for March is a feeling that this month, for me at least, is a turning point every year that provides positive energy and hope for the remaining year.  I know many get this feeling at New Year's, and I do too to some degree, but the month of March is the beginning of possibilities in my opinion.

I can remember back to elementary school learning that March's description is "In like a lion and out like a lamb".  This saying has always stayed with me and every year I check to see if this is true.  I don't necessarily even care if this saying is true, I just like to check in with it.  I don't really care too much if the weather pattern matches the saying because I just know that March is the point I know warmer springlike weather is on the horizon.

I think I always was and am so intrigued by the possibility of such contrast and change in a one month period.  March is a hopeful month because the possibility of change is almost inevitable.  Weather changes and peoples' attitudes change with it.  It seems that many people get excited and get hit with the March-is-hopeful bug.  People are more positive, cheery, social, and all around possess a more bright and pleasant demeanor.

Today is a beautiful day.  It's the first day of March and the temperature will be a whopping 78 degrees and sunny.  I'm opening up the windows and playing outside today after I finish this post.  I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy this gorgeous first day of March!  I am hopeful of what the month of March will bring to my home and yours!

Get out and get some vitamin D aka sunshine!




Keep on Keepin on.

1 comment:

It's Because I'm the Mom said...

Lucky you! We have been getting random snow and ice..should be nicer for a few days, though.