Sunday, March 26, 2006

did you miss me?

So, I have not posted on this blog in quite some time now...my apologies. In honor of "missing", as in things, I will let you know what is going on in my advanced comp class. Our first essay was due this evening/morning, whichever you prefer, and the topic was to write about a favorite show we watched growing up. well, there are many choices in which I know many of you share, such as the obvious, Saved by the Bell, Full House, Family Matters, Friends, and so on and so on. I decided to with a show that actually I am embarrassed to admit, I loved and still enjoy...Dawson's Creek. I was a Dawson junkie. I even was nerdy enough to throw Dawson Creek season premier parties and season finale parties, what is even funnier is that I had dorky enough friends that actually showed up and salivated through the show with me; god, we were such losers!!!! So, in preparation for this essay, I went to the official Dawson's Creek website, which I was shocked to see is still in existence, and found most memorable lines. Oh the memories that poured out of me while reading through some of these. Here is one for your tastebuds:

JEN: Look, Joey, you know, now that the proverbial wedge we so fondly refer to as Dawson Leery is no longer between us, we could actually be friends. I know -- I know, it's a bizarre concept, but we might find that we have something more in common than just the boy next door. Okay. Or not.
JOEY: We don't have to like wash each other's hair, or do each other's nails, do we?

What is up with the big words they used? I never fully understood what the hell they were talking about half the time. ok, ok. one more. do we all remember the dorky Breakfast Club spoof they did? great stuff but so not at the same time:

DAWSON: This is so "Breakfast Club".
JEN: "Breakfast Club"?
DAWSON: You know, the John Hughes movie where the five kids are stuck in detention all day...
JOEY: Yeah. At first they hate each other, and then they become really, really good friends.
JEN: Oh, yeah. That movie stunk. Yeah, whatever happened to those actors?
DAWSON: Well, Anthony Michael Hall got some kind of weird thyroid condition, Molly Ringwald lost her gawky ingenue appeal, and the rest are languishing somewhere in TV obscurity.
PACEY: No way! Emilio Estevez, he was in those duck movies, remember? God, those were classics! So funny. What?

I loved Pacey.
I hope you all have enjoyed. What are some of your favorite shows growing up?

No comments: