Friday, February 17, 2012

Confidence and Coffee

Today I am feeling confident.  I have some big decisions still to make but I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.  I feel like I am where I need to be and I will go where I am supposed to go.

When I made the decision to leave my job, my biggest worry wasn't necessarily where am I going to work now (although that was on my mind).  Honestly, my biggest worry was what am I going to do with my time?  I am a restless person by nature.  I can endure, maybe, one day of resting and doing nothing before my mind is racing.  I get bored VERY quickly.  My mind is my best friend and my best adversary all at the same time.  I also drink a lot of coffee; doesn't really help the situation.  I've tried restricting myself to just green tea, but now I just drink both.  I'm weak.  I digress a lot too.

With that said, surprisingly, I've enjoyed my two weeks of unemployment!  I've kept myself busy and even Sparky has quite enjoyed seeing my happy little mug (face, not coffee mug) more often.  He also likes that when he comes home from work & riding his bicycle that the house is cleaned, dinner is made, his laundry is done, and I'm smiling.  I might get the hang of this after all...

Probably not.  There are quite a few things in the works at the same time.  I have options and that's my biggest dilemma right now.  One of the activities that has kept me busy is that I've been training this past month to be a barre3 instructor.  I am so incredibly excited about this opportunity, although it will more than likely be strictly part time.  I am excited about pursuing a passion and promoting health and fitness.  I am also so excited to surround myself with mentally and physically strong women who are also so intelligent and beautiful in so many ways.  It is such a positive atmosphere and I am so excited about this part of my future.

In addition, I have been interviewing at one business nearby.  I have been interviewed four times already and will have my fifth interview today as well.  I have a feeling that I will probably have at least two additional interviews after today's interview.  Apparently I interview well and I should provide interview tips...so I've been told.  Anyway, the position is a great opportunity and so far I am the only person to make it this far in the interview process for this specific position.  I am staying positive and relaxed about it.  

In addition to all the above, a friend of mine and I have been plotting launching our own business!  This  business is something I have dreamt about for years and with her AMAZING talents, I feel that this dream for the both of us may actually come true!  She has been so wonderful and patient with all my ups and downs (mostly downs) this year so far, but I feel I am making a comeback in my confidence.  Today we have a meeting about the business for some professional advice, and we already have a client lined up in March to add to our portfolio.  More details to come soon!

If the job opportunity doesn't pan out, I am flirting with the idea of moving into the freelance world of writing, editing, and proposal consulting...maybe even start writing a book.  That's on the back burner for now until I know more about all the other variables going on right now.

So, I'm planning.  I'm plotting.  I haven't gone into complete seclusion, yet.  And I'm drinking coffee.  Lot's of coffee.


Keep on Keepin on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fajny blog :D